We take your privacy very seriously
The policy set forth below is provided in English only to avoid any misinterpretations caused by a language translation. If necessary, please seek the proper advice, or please do not use this website.
Last modified: January 24, 2018
FYERS operates the website www.fyers.in(“Site”). We respect the privacy of each user of the Site (referred to as “you” or “a user”), whether it is your first time, or if you have visited our Site previously. This Privacy Statement gives you specific information about how we protect your privacy, how we treat the information we collect on the Site that identifies an individual user (“Personal Information”), and how we use aggregated information.
BY REGISTERING FOR OR USING THE SITE, YOU SIGNIFY YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT, YOU CANNOT USE THE SITE. We reserve the right to modify this Statement at any time by posting a notice on the Site’s homepage. (If we consider it appropriate, we may also provide additional notification of significant changes.) Your use of the Site after the date of the last modification listed at the beginning of this Privacy Statement indicates to us that you agree to the changes.
Location of servers and transfer of information to India
The Site is hosted by servers in India. If you are located outside of India, your Personal Information will be transferred to India. By submitting your Personal Information, you consent to its transfer to India and its storage, processing, and use there under this Privacy Statement.
Scope of this Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement applies to your use of this Site only. We do not own, operate or control the websites of our Franchisees or sales associates. Accordingly, this Statement does not apply to a Franchisee’s or sales associate’s website or a Franchisee’s or sales associate’s collection, use, storage and disclosure of your Personal Information.
Collection and use of your personal information
We collect your Personal Information, and in the case of account opening, background, financial, and demographic information on the Site in order to enhance the services we offer you. Such information may include your name, date of birth, residence and employment addresses, father’s and spouses names, bank account details, scans/copies of document proofs such as PAN, passport, Aadhaar etc. We may hold this information indefinitely as required by the law, for the purpose of offering you our services, and for other regulatory and business purposes.
We collect Personal Information from you only when you voluntarily submit for purposes including but not limited to
– sales and account opening queries
– account opening
– partnership/association inquiries, and others.
We may use the information for purposes including, but not limited to
– identity verification and background checking for account opening
– personalizing services offered to you
– keeping you updated of our products and services relevant to you
– information pertaining our services you have subscribed to
– for legal and regulatory purposes.
FYERS may have the requirement to collect Sensitive Personal Data or Information (“SPDI”) OR Personal Information from you while offering their products and services due to the nature of the products and services being offered. SPDI shall have the meaning per the Information Technology (Reasonable security practices and procedures and sensitive personal data or Information) Rules, 2011 (“Rules”).
About security, we respect all information provided to us and take all reasonable steps towards protection of the same. We have implemented technology and policies, with the objective of protecting your privacy from unauthorized access and improper use, and periodically review the same. We maintain procedural safeguards to protect the confidentiality and security of personally identifiable information transmitted to us. Information related to Aadhaar shall be collected and stored as per the rules set by UIDAI and mainly as per the Circular issued by UIDAI numbering: 11020/205/2017, dated July 25, 2017. Aadhaar details are also a requirement for being captured as per the Prevention of Money Laundering Act, 2002 and the Rules therein.
Collection of non-personal information
Even if you do not send us any Personal Information, we collect information about how you use our site (“Non-Personal Information”). This information cannot be used to identify you personally and is explained in more detail below under “Non-Personal Information.”
2. Non-personal information
Like many sites, we obtain Non-Personal Information such as IP (internet protocol) addresses, browser types, the name of your ISP (internet service provider), information about where a user comes from before arriving at our Site, what pages a user visits, the order of those pages, and the amount of time spent on each. A vendor performs this service for us by sending a cookie to gather this information, compile it, and report to us. We use Non-Personal Information to customize the advertising and content you see, improve our services, conduct research, and provide anonymous aggregated reporting for internal audits and third-parties.
We use the Personal Information and the Non-Personal Information we collect on the Site
- to provide you with the services that you ask to receive through the Site, including saving searches and, if you request it, sending you updates about those searches,
- to receive, if you choose, to receive periodic industry updates,
- to answer your questions or complaints,
- to refer you to Franchisees and sales associates about finding or listing a property or to locate a sale associate;
- to refer a listing to a friend;
- inquiries about franchising opportunities and
- for analytical purposes to help us improve the Site and for our business generally
Disclosure and transfer of collected information
We do not rent, sell, or share with third parties the Personal Information we collect from you on this Site except (i) to provide information or services that you have requested, (ii) with your permission, or (iii) under the following circumstances:
- Third party vendors we engage to provide services on our behalf, have access to Personal Information, but they have agreed not to disclose the Personal Information or to use it for any purpose other than providing the requested services.
- The Site may contain links to third-party web sites, our Franchisees, authorized persons, and/or other organizations and community outreach organizations. If you hold your mouse over a link, it will indicate whether clicking the link will send you off our Site. When you click on those links, you will go to a third-party site where you will be subject to that site’s privacy statement and we encourage you to read that policy statement. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of those other web sites and we expressly disclaim any liability for their actions, including actions relating to the use and disclosure of Personal Information by those third parties. We remind you to be aware of when you leave our Site and enter a third-party web site, including one of our independent Franchisees, and again encourage you to read the privacy statement on any website that collects your Personal Information.
Our hosting services maintains its systems in accordance with reasonable industry standards to reasonably secure the information of its customers, such as using SSL encryption in certain places to prevent eyes dropping, and employing up-to-date software on the server. However, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. “Perfect security” does not exist on the Internet, and you use the Site at your own risk.
Correction/Updating Personal Information
If your Personal Information changes or if you no longer wish to use the Site, you may correct or update your Personal Information or unsubscribe from any industry updates you have requested by modifying or deleting your profile on the Site, writing to customer service at Fyers Securities, #19 & 20, 3rd Main, Gandhinagar, Bangalore – 560009 or sending an email to email@example.com
This Site is not directed to children under the age of 13 (“Children”), and we do not knowingly collect any information, including Personal Information, from Children.
Comments and questions
If you have any questions or concerns about this Privacy Statement, please contact us by using the “Contact Us” page, by calling us at 80 4040 2020, or writing to us at Fyers Securities, #19 & 20, 3rd Main, Gandhinagar, Bangalore 560009
Subject to Change