With the recent SEBI regulations regarding retail algo trading requiring a whitelisted static IP address for order placement, I wanted to clarify the rules for data-fetching applications.
If I am building an application that strictly fetches data (such as historical data, market depth, and Tick-by-Tick/TBT data) and does NOT place any orders, do I still need to map it to a whitelisted static IP address? Or does the static IP rule apply exclusively to order placement?
Hi @113071733653369673381, a static IP is required only for applications that place orders. If your application is only fetching data such as Historical Data, Market Depth, or Tick-by-Tick (TBT) data and does not place any orders, a static IP is not required.
If you plan to add order execution in the future, then you’ll need to configure a whitelisted static IP as per the applicable guidelines.
Thank you @kGRGEpOlJ1 Tharun Kumar for the clear clarification. It’s a relief to know that a static IP isn’t required for data-only applications, as this makes building and testing historical or market depth tools much simpler. I will definitely keep the whitelisting guidelines in mind if I decide to integrate order execution features in the future. I appreciate the help!