Contract Note is a confirmation of trades done on a particular day on behalf of the client by a trading member (stockbroker). It imposes a legally enforceable relationship between the client and the trading member with respect to purchase/sale and settlement of trades.
The Contract Note has provides details as prescribed by the exchanges:
- Name of the Client
- Address of the Client
- PAN of the Client
- Trading Client Code
- Order Number
- Trade Time
- Trade Number
- Name and Symbol of the security traded
- Action Carried Out i.e. Buy or Sell
- Quantity traded
- Trade Price of the security
- Closing rate per unit (Only for Derivatives)
- Total Charges before Brokerage and Statutory levies
The contract note carries all the trading and transactional charges like brokerage, STT/CTT, GST etc. and the executed trade details on exchanges, i.e. NSE, BSE or MCX. Contract notes sent to clients over a registered email address.