A Q&A format of educating the readers about financial markets in India.
This book is about making readers understand the basic functioning of the stock markets and also it’s theoretical aspects. The author has taken an extra effort to simplify the subject so that many readers can relate to it easily. There is also a minimal show of math and calculations as it seeks to focus more on the theoretic concepts. It is really helpful for starters and those who have minimal knowledge on the markets. It explains everything in a Q&A format to keep the mood interactive and concise. In all, there are 250 of them. It is really easy to navigate across the book as it is not written in a continuation format. There is also some explanations of jargons used. So below is a sample list of contents:
• Types of equity shares
• How stock indices work and how they are calculated
• What you need to know about IPOs and Public issues
• The basics of bonds and debentures
• An introduction to trading
• An introduction to Mutual funds, ETFs Hedge funds, PEs, VCs etc.
• Depository receipts (ADRs & GDRs)
• Methods of stock analysis
• Measuring risk, CAPM etc.
• All about the options
If you dislike learning from boring textbooks, you can pick up this instead.
Tejas is the Co-Founder & CEO at FYERS, the youngest team to get NSE’s broker license. He has a specialization in finance and has over 10 years of work experience spanning across proprietary trading, risk management, and broking. Tejas & his team started FYERS, a technology-focused brokerage as a mission to transform the trading/investment landscape in India.