Risk Management measures for trading in Equity and FNO are as follows:
- CO/BO is blocked for Equity & Equity F&O. It may be re-enabled later during the day.
- Margin – Enabled, as usual.
- Intraday – Enabled, leverage has been revised (Check update).
Intraday leverage in the Intraday segment has been revised based on the latest VAR margins as per NSE’s requirements. For more information, please check this notice. Intraday Leverage for stock futures has been reduced to 2x. However, Intraday Leverage for Index F&O continues to be the same, at 3x.
Update: As per NSE’s Circuit Breaker rules, if the market (Nifty/Sensex) hits the -15% circuit breaker after 2 PM, trading will be halted for the rest of the trading session and existing intraday positions cannot be squared off. To safeguard our clients in this situation, as a precautionary measure we will take the following steps if Nifty/Sensex touches -13%:
- Intraday trading in the Equity and Equity F&O segment will be disabled.
- We will be squaring off all intraday positions.
Update on risk management measures for MCX today:
- CO/BO orders are blocked.
- Intraday leverage has been reduced to 2x. For the latest margins, please check the MCX Margin Calculator.