For all the traders who enjoy drag & drop trading using the charts on FYERS Web, there’s good news for you! We are the first stockbroker in India to have implemented “Traded price on the charts!” This is particularly useful for intraday traders who enter & exit the same scrip multiple times during a day. Previously, you were able to view the average price on the chart as a result of repeated buying & selling. From now onwards, you will also be able to view the exact traded prices as displayed below.
Each arrow indicates an executed order. You can get the exact traded price by hovering over the respective icons displayed on the chart itself. You will get the quantity and the traded price. The blue arrows indicate that you have purchased the scrip and red indicates you have sold the scrip. Also ,the direction of the arrows indicate whether your position is long (Up) or short (Down). As you can see, I have traded multiple times in Yes Bank today and you are able to view the trading pattern. This is a visual aid will immensely help intraday traders, scalpers, jobbers who are looking for minor fluctuations in stock prices. For instance, you can see how you can view the scale-in and scale-out of the trade in Yes bank today.
How traded price on chart helps:
- It helps you visualize your trades easily.
- It gives you a break-up of scale-in & scale-out on the chart thereby helping you assess your performance with little to no additional effort.
- It saves your time as you no longer have to visit your order book/trade book from time to time as the traded prices are already displayed on the charts.
- You no longer have to remember your latest entry/exit prices.
- It helps to manage your P&L and position sizing more effectively.
How to enable traded price on charts:
This feature is implemented by default on the platform. You can also enable/disable the traded prices on charts by checking the “Show Executions” under the trading Settings Tab as shown below:
Things to know:
- The traded prices will be visible only for the intraday period. After the market closes, the trade details will be erased from the charts.
- Trades that are carry-forwarded from a previous trading session will not be visible on the charts. To get the details of such trades later, you can check your contract notes or ledger reports.
- The trade prices will be erased from the charts at different timings for NSE and MCX due to the different timings of the exchange and back-end processes. This is done after the market closes and before the next trading session begins. Please be aware of this when trading.
We are excited to bring implement this feature for our valuable clients and to further simplify your trading experience on the web. If you find this feature useful, do tell your fellow trading friends about us and refer them to us. If you have any doubts or clarifications, feel free to ask us in the comments section below.
Tejas is the Co-Founder & CEO at FYERS, the youngest team to get NSE’s broker license. He has a specialization in finance and has over 10 years of work experience spanning across proprietary trading, risk management, and broking. Tejas & his team started FYERS, a technology-focused brokerage as a mission to transform the trading/investment landscape in India.