Read to find out how much you don’t know about Mutual funds.
A the title describes itself, Indian Mutual Funds Handbook is comprehensively written. If you want to buy mutual funds in India, this clears much of the fog about:
1. What are Mutual Funds and how they operate in India.
2. Detailed information about equity, debt, derivatives and alternative asset classes
3. The expenses that investors have to incur to invest in them
4. Their accounting practices and management of liquidity
5. Documentation, offer documents, disclosures SEBI requirements, investor protection etc.
6. It highlights how the risk and returns are calculated using different methodologies
7. Different investment styles and;
WVery often, mutual funds in India have been mistaken to be only the stock market. Ignorance and a risk averse attitude among the general public are partly responsible for the lack of knowledge in this area. A very common misconception of people is that these instruments are exclusively meant for long term investors. That is not true. There are many varieties of mutual funds in India that available and the ease of diversification is probably the most important point that should instil confidence in people. The author has taken the efforts to properly arrange information to make it easy for all types of readers.
In the recent years there has been an increasing awareness about the financial markets and a renewed enthusiasm among the new breed of curious investors to take informed decisions of their financial future. Although a lot of free information is available on the internet, it probably is not the best way to compile everything together as there could be missing elements. It is a better idea to buy this.
Whom this is useful for:
• Novice Investors
• Intermediate or experienced investors
• Financial Advisors
• Mutual fund distributors
• Medium term traders
A must read!
Tejas is the Co-Founder & CEO at FYERS, the youngest team to get NSE’s broker license. He has a specialization in finance and has over 10 years of work experience spanning across proprietary trading, risk management, and broking. Tejas & his team started FYERS, a technology-focused brokerage as a mission to transform the trading/investment landscape in India.